Jackson Co. Middle School Evacuates During Fire Scare

On Tues., Jan. 23, Jackson County Central Fire Dept. responded to Jackson County Middle School for reported smoke in the building and smoke showing from the roof.

Upon arrival all children and faculty were found safe outside the building. Interior access was made to find smoke in one wing of the building mostly contained to one room. Roof access was made and an heating unit was found with a fan motor seized up causing the smoke to be released into the duct work. The smoke was cleared from the building and a thermal imaging scan of the building performed before releasing the building back to school administrators and the return of students. The unit was disconnected and repairs have been made to it.

For more on this story, pick up a copy of this week’s Jackson County Sentinel on newsstands now, or subscribe online at jacksoncountysentinel.net.

Leave a Comment