Friday morning at approximately 1:30 a.m., Fairview, Central and Dodson Branch fire departments were called to a structure fire at 495 Greenwood Ridge Road. The home was vacant. This was not the first time this week that they had been called to this address. On Wednesday afternoon there was a report of a fire in the home. Once the fire department responded they located an old couch in the basement that was on fire. They quickly extinguished the fire. Then on Thursday, once again they were called out. Upon arriving they found a bedroom upstairs was on fire. Just like the time before the fire was quickly extinguished. The home is now a total loss after the Friday morning fire.
For more on this story, pick up a copy of this week’s Jackson County Sentinel on newsstands now, or subscribe online at jacksoncountysentinel.net.