Local Family Home Destroyed

On the evening of Monday, Feb. 18, the home at 336 James Stafford Lane was destroyed by a fire. The home was a single dwelling wood home and by the time fire crews arrived there were flames coming out of the front door. All of the occupants made it out safely with no injuries. The homeowner told fire officials that he had seen smoke coming out from behind the couch. It is possible that it was an electrical fire. Fire Chief of the Central Fire Department, Jeff Conn stated, “I cannot stress the importance of having working smoke alarms in your home. It could be the difference between life and death.” Departments responding to the fire were: Central, Southside, Dodson Branch, Flynn’s Lick and Fairview Fire Departments.

For more on this story, pick up a copy of this week’s Jackson County Sentinel on newsstands now, or subscribe online at jacksoncountysentinel.net.

Leave a Comment